Find Out the Best Home Kegerator
For people who love beer and would like to have freshly draught beer at home, owning a kegerator is something that can make them happy. This type of home appliance will enable beer enthusiasts to have a steady flow of beer supply at home so they can easily pour themselves a glass of cold beer after a hard day at work.
In this article, we will go through three of the best home kegerators out in the market. We will look at the features that they have to offer to see which one will fit your needs at home.
What is Home Kegerators?
If you frequently visit local bars and pubs you will often see a beer tap that baristas use to serve beer to their customers. The beer coming out from these tips have just the right temperature and foaminess that can truly satisfy your beer taste buds.
Much like the beer tap at your local bar, a kegerator lets you dispense beer at home through a keg. The name itself is a combination of “keg” and “refrigerator” which literally means that it is an appliance that lets you refrigerate and dispense beer right from your home.
For people who always have guests and regularly hold parties, you will no longer have to worry about running out of beer to serve your guests. This is because even a half-barrel beer keg can already serve an equivalent of more than 160 beer cans. If you simply want to have a beer at home, this will surely last you for more than a month!
Best Home Kegerators that You can Choose From
For people who love beer and regularly have guests over, a home kegerator is something you can be proud of. You will always have freshly draught beer that is fresh and flavorful that you can serve anytime. The following are the best home kegerators that beer lovers can choose from:
#1 EdgeStar BR2001SS Ultra Low Temp Stainless Steel Refrigerator for Kegerator Conversion
One of the best kegerators to have at home is the EdgeStar BR2001SS Ultra Low Temp Stainless Steel Refrigerator for Kegerator Conversion. It can store up to full-sized half-shell standard kegs so you can be sure that you will no longer run out of home draught beer to serve during your parties at home.
This kegerator features a reversible door and comes with casters for better mobility. It also comes with a protective floor plate and wire rack shelving so you can better utilize and maximize your home kegerator. Since it has a low-temperature range of 30 to 40 degrees Fahrenheit, you can be assured that your beer will be cold and able to retain its flavor.
- Can store up to a full-sized half shell Sankey standard kegs
- Does not support rubberized and oversized kegs
- Features a reversible door
- Have casters for better mobility
- UL listed for electrical safety
- Has a low-temperature range of 30-40 degrees Fahrenheit
- Features a protective floor plate
- Comes with wire rack shelving
- Can be converted into a fridge
- Comes with a tower hole cap
- Dimensions: 35 x 20 x 26.5 inches
- Some find this kegerator to be a bit noisy when running
#2 Kegco K309SS-3HB Triple Faucet Digital Homebrew Kegerator with Stainless Steel Door
Another top-of-the-line home kegerator model is the Kegco K309SS-3HB Triple Faucet Digital Homebrew Kegerator which boasts of its digital temperature control with a “deep chill” option. This feature lets you chill and cool down your homebrew or craft beer to the desired temperature at a faster rate as compared to other kegerators that do not have this option.
Furthermore, this home kegerator has temperature adjustments that will enable you to use it to chill your beer as well as use it as a fermentation chamber. This kegerator can be converted into a refrigerator that has two adjustable shelves in case you need an additional space to chill bottles of wine or other products.
- Features a digital temperature control with a clear LED display
- You can set the temperature to Fahrenheit, Celsius, or use the “Deep Chill” option
- The Deep Chill function lets you cool down your beer at a faster rate
- Can be used for both cooling and fermenting homebrews
- Has a large and spacious interior
- Can be converted into a refrigerator
- Comes with two adjustable shelves
- Dimensions: 33 x 23.9 x 23.7 inches
- Fitting three kegs inside depends on the shape and size
#3 EdgeStar KC2000HMBREW Ultra Low Temp Full Size Kegerator & Keg Beer Cooler w/ Home Brew Tap
Another home kegerator that homeowners love to have is the EdgeStar KC2000HMBREW Ultra Low Temp Full Size Kegerator & Keg Beer Cooler w/ Home Brew Tap. It lets you dispense cold beer with its low setting that ranges from 30 degrees to mid-40 degrees Fahrenheit so you can be assured that the taste and flavor of your beer are at its best.
This kegerator can also be converted into a refrigerator for other cooling purposes. It comes with a chrome safety rail that lets you stack up bottles and cans inside. In addition, this unit already includes an aluminum carbon dioxide cylinder so you will no longer have to purchase a separate one.
- Includes a commercial to home brew conversion kit
- Can be converted to a refrigerator
- Comes with two pieces of drip tray
- Comes with a chrome safety rail
- Has a reversible door
- Has a low-temperature range of 30 to mid-40 degrees Fahrenheit
- Comes with an empty 5-pound brewer-preferred aluminum carbon dioxide cylinder
- Can store up to a full-sized half-shell Sankey standard keg
- Does not support oversized ¼ barrel kegs
- Does not support beveled wall ¼ barrel kegs
Verdict / Value
These three home kegerators are the top choice among homeowners because they provide the best beer cooling experience that you may need. They are able to cool your beer and keep it at the right temperature to maintain and retain its flavor and taste.
You will no longer have to worry about running out of your beer supply when you have guests around. These kegerators will let you have the best and finest home draught beers that you want anytime you want to have a mug or two.
Which is the Best Home Kegerator?
While all the three products are great for dispensing and storing beer at home, the Kegco K309SS-3HB Triple Faucet Digital Homebrew Kegerator stands out among the three. The digital temperature control of this home kegerator lets you easily adjust the temperature settings to what you want. The “deep chill” option lets homeowners chill their beer kegs into serving temperature at a faster rate as compared to other home kegerators.
Furthermore, this home kegerator has many purposes since you can easily convert it into a mini refrigerator and a home fermenting unit.